- 15 pounds of pork shoulder with fat trimmed slightly
- 9 tablespoons of achoite paste
- 6 tablespoons ground gaujillios
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons of salt
- 2 ¼ cups of white vinegar
- 3 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 pineapple, about 6 oz after removing the core
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl to make the marinade place in cooler.
Slice pork into 2 inch thick pieces.
Pour marinade over pork and let marinade for 2 hours (overnight is better).
Stick skewers through pineapple slices and stand vertical in a hotel pan (pineapples down).
Stick marinade pork down the skewers about 6-7 pieces per skewer.
Put pineapple slices on ends of skewers.
Cook in oven at 400 degrees for 2 hours or until internal temp reaches 155 degrees.